Now that Found Footage looks to have run out of steam with horror fans, the next crazy fad we are heading towards, seems to be the return of the anthology horror genre, as at the moment, there is a new release every month.
ASYLUM which judging by the trailer below, looks fantastic and somewhat crazy and we can judge if it lives up to its promise on November 17th when its released on demand.
Here is the full rundown of films and also the trailer:
The nine individual segments vary dramatically in format and style and were directed by a collection of genre producers, VFX gurus and up and coming filmmakers from around the world:
- Asylum” (wraparound story) – Carlos Goitia
- The Cleansing Hour” – Damien LeVeck
- Drudge” – Kheireddine El-Helou
- A Father’s Day” – Mat Johns
- RIP” – Albert Pinto & Caye Casas
- M.A.M.O.N.” – Alejandro Damiani
- The Death, Dad, and Son” – Walgenwitz & Winshluss
- Entity” – Andrew Desmond
- Bloodbath” – Adam O´Brien
- The Last Show” – Hendryk Witscherkowsky
The stories unfold as Brandon prepares to give his last stand-up comedy show. That evening, as his stories and jokes pass, he realizes that these tales have a strong relationship with his past…much more than he imagined.